English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 22  2014, Wednesday   
Friendship

 These days, we live a life with lots of friends from school, work and of course, from Facebook. Friends can be the friend of a friend and the chain goes on.


I was born in the Year of the Pig. According to Chinese Zodiac Horoscope, I do not have too many friends but the ones I do have are all bosom friends. In this aspect, the prediction does seem to be quite true. I have had the good fortune of having a couple of good friends who have salvaged me at those melancholy moments of deep depression. They were there all ears! They didn’t do much. They didn’t have to. They might have uttered a few words of re-assurance that I was not worthless and that there would be light at the end of the tunnel. Their ears and shoulders were the floats that saved me.

I also realize that friends do not have to come from the same age group. In recent years, I have got a very close friend and she could well be my daughter! She understands me and cares for me. That’s what friends are for!  

Words of wisdom: don’t take your friends for granted. Friendship is mutual!