English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 1 2014, Wednesday

 Pink Suitcae

Happy New Year! I wish you all lots and lots of rewarding moments in 2014!


Today is the first day of a 5-day tour to Okinawa, Japan. I am joining Vincent, my son, Elly, daughter-in -law and Hayley, 5-year old grand-daughter for a holiday. This is the first time ever we travel together.


We don't usually spend much time together as we live far apart. I am secretly hoping that this trip will make me a part of their life though only briefly.
So I am not going to write a journal of our sight-seeing  in these five days but rather of my time with them three.


I did one thing quite annoying to Vincent and Elly. As promised on the phone, I  bought a small pink suitcase for Hayley yesterday and brought it to the airport. Of course, she was overjoyed! She skilfully unzipped it and put some books inside. Then she lengthened the handle and started taking care of it all by herself. Vincent told me that this was her pledge - the suitcase would be her responsibility.


Hayley kept her promise. Even when we had to climb up the flight of steps to board the plane, she pressed down the handle, picked up the suitcase and walked all the way up! She is quite tall for her age but slender. It was amazing to watch her from behind moving up in front of me!


Vincent must be very proud of Hayley though he did'nt say it.