English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 10 2014, Monday                  
Hair
 

My hair is thinning! I used to wear a fringe until about two years ago. Now no matter how hard I try, I can’t! I am losing my last frontier.
 
I am not too sure if other ladies think the same – hair is identity. I used to have very thick shoulder-length straight hair with a fringe. This “Cleopetra” hair-style was my signature since I was barely twenty. And now without the fringe, I find it hard to convince myself that the person in the mirror with a head of thin hair parted on the right is actually me.
 
When I was young, much younger than now, I had to ask my stylist to trim my hair thin so that it would be more manageable. I used to treat my hair very rough combing it with heavy strokes. But then it started to grey and I had to get it tinted. That was the beginning of tragedy. My hair, after being subjected to chemical treatments, started to protest. Strands of hair began to fall off especially during the change of weather or when I was under heavy pressure. All kinds of shampoos, conditioners and potions have been tried to no avail.
 
“I am not counting on my looks for a living. Why should I be so concerned? This is really stupid of me.”
 
I “educated” myself into accepting the phenomenon thanking whoever is above for the hair I still have and teaching myself to take tender loving care of it. But the trouble is without the fringe, I look much thinner. Friends I don’t always see would remark “Oh, what’s happening? You look so much thinner. I hope you are okay!” I have to reply apologetically that it is my hair that has created the impression and that I am perfectly fine.
 
Here is a photo of me and my grand-daughter, Hayley taken on the first day of the Year of the Horse.