English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 15 20, Saturday            

Loner

 I hate being alone and yet I don’t like crowds! That does not mean I am a difficult person.
 

I love that feeling of easiness in the company of good friends. We can be chatting heartily or celebrating birthdays. But I do not like big crowds because then I can only talk to the one next to me and will not be able to really share the conversation of the group.  
 

I like being alone at home watching my favourite television channels without having to consider about other family members’ preferences. When I go to the gym or jogging in the garden, I like to be alone listening to music and pacing my own speed.  
 

But there are things that I hate doing alone. Take dining out for instance. When I walk in and ask for a table for one, I will be placed at the far end corner. Guests at the other tables will be talking so loud that I am forced into “sharing” their conversation. So in the case of eating alone, I usually go to the restaurants that I patronize or go to the fast food restaurant, ask for take-away and eat at home.
 

Except once when I was heart-broken, I never see a movie alone! I like to laugh or sob or fear with someone I know and not with strangers. The darkness of the cinemas makes me feel more melancholy.
 

I guess I am a sharing person. Or am I weak? I am not too sure!