English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 3 2014, Monday

Couch potato

 There is a quote that goes something like this: Working hard pays off in the future. Being lazy pays off now.


This is so true. Sometimes, after exhausting myself for a week, there is nothing I want except to collapse into the sofa and stay there - a couch potato! I could be all sharp and alert attending hours of meetings but once settle down in my sofa, I could fall into a coma right away for at least 30 minutes with my full work suit on! I am afriad that if I clean up or get changed, I would lose the drowsiness and become awake again.


Sometimes, I can stay awake until I finish dinner. But it would be absolutely disasterous if I sit down. I would be fast asleep for hours and wake up at midnight not able to sleep again. So I have started a new plan - not to sit down but remain standing, clean up and go downstairs to take a walk. Unfortunately, the plan doesn't work every day.