English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

March 17 2014, Monday           
24 Hours a Day
 God is never fair. Why is she pretty and I'm not? Why was he born with a silver spoon in his mouth and me to a poor family? Why has she got such big eyes and mine are so small? We are always puzzled at how God, or anyone who is looking down from above, makes his decisions. On which cheek is he going to press a dimple etc? But God is absolutely fair in one way - each and every person is granted 24 hours, no more, no less! And yet some people can achieve a lot in a day while others would just sit there wasting their life! A task can be accomplished in an hour while it takes another person double the time. I am not talking about ability. That is again something we can't control. I am talking about focus and commitment and of course, time management.



 I have this habit of planning my day at the very moment I open my eyes and before I leave my desk at the close of day. First things always come first but I don't sacrifice my routines, like my three meals though they can be simple or elaborate depending on the time at my disposal. My three hours of exercise per week and Sunday indulgence are also important but can be given up if really necessary to squeeze more time.



 Once I start, whether writing, marking, designing worksheets or projects, I can dive right into it because I am prepared with the task all mapped out in mind, documents and skill books on the desk and of course, my coffee and water but no snacks. All armed, I can sit and work for at two hours. All these preparations are important to ensure that I don’t have any excuse to get out of my seat. I also set the timer to discipline myself. I don’t feel stressed but actually feel focused and motivated. The sense of accomplishment is truly satisfying. Maybe it is true to say that pressure can be pleasure.



 I never complain I don’t have time for this and that because I manage time and not time manages me.