English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

October 14 Tuesday     

 Make my day!

It was early in the morning when I drove to school. Traffic was brisk. When I stopped at the red light, I noticed the car next to me had the hazard lights on. It was clear that the lights were not meant to be on. Perhaps the driver had earlier signalled to stop and had forgotten to turn off the lights after he had pulled out. Without any hesitation, I turned my head to the left and gestured to the driver with an exaggerated version of “sparking”! He got it, smiled and saluted me to thank me! I felt great!


What a nice way to start a day! Doing somebody I don’t know a favour is actually doing myself a favour. Once my mother remarked that when I got behind the wheel, I grumbled a lot. It was only then that I realized I had joined the road rage regime. Hong Kong drivers though relatively civilized do misbehave such as tailing, sounding horns, cutting lanes and not signalling etc. Upon my mother’s advice, I drive much more courteously and the calmness it brings is blissful.