English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

March 20 2015  Friday
 Resonance

A teacher has just sent me an article as submission for “Let’s Babble!” She wrote to recommend a YouTube video. This is so touching. My loud cry into the wilderness has won resonance. Fingers crossed, I am praying for more entries! There are bound to be episodes in your classroom, among your friends or in your family that you want to share. It can be about a book, a movie, an incident or just a thought. Or you have a story to tell. There is even no limit to the number of words. But as editor, I abide by one principle – let there be no hatred but love, hope and positivity! 



A couple of days ago, as I was tidying up my various email accounts deleting long-time messages, I came across the mail from a reader about 10 years ago. At that time, I had a column on the fun of learning English in a local Chinese newspaper. There were quite a few fervent readers who wrote to me regularly. One of them was a police sergeant. He called himself a language fanatic writing to me in excellent English telling me about his work and family. There were several messages that were heart-warming. He talked about how he and his wife disagreed on parenting matters, how they planned their family trips and how he was on duty in the street during the anti-World Trade Organization demonstration etc. Sometimes, he would respond to the points I raised in my column.



It is amazing how two people who had never met were able to engage in such buddy talks. Though contacts had stopped for many years, he wrote back once he received my message telling me he has a new hobby now – photography. He even sent me the photos of sunrise he took on New Year Day!