English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

December 19 2013, Thursday

Reunion
I was at a luncheon conference today. It was a table for ten professionals from two sectors: education and engineering. As a social etiquette, we started off with small talks and an exchange of name cards. When Dr. Ho To-ming, Associate Head of the Department of Economics and Finance of the Faculty of Business of the City University of Hong Kong, received my name card, he looked and with a broad smile, he said,” You were my English teacher. I graduated 1973!” And he proudly presented me to the people around the table. I was so touched!

Oh my goodness! Forty years passed and he could still identify me! Then he asked to be seated next to me so that we could do some catching up. He detailed to me his career path and how happy he is with his current position. He has two daughters, one a doctor and the other still at school.

I told myself that I must have done something good to be so blessed as to be remembered!