English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

December 25 2013, Wednesday

Smile
What makes you smile or better still laugh? How often do you smile? Have you smiled more or less this year than you did last year?

For us ladies, we smile in front of the mirror when we check out our looks before leaving home. That's not a real smile! I mean a genuine smile because you are pleased! The fact is the older we become, the more difficult it is to produce a smile! In other words, we are hard to please! We have too many wants, desires and expectations to satisfy and etiquettes to follow! Look at the children. They can have a good laugh over the silliest things. We have to learn from them. There is no harm in being silly every now and then.

On reflection, I can still recall some recent cases of me smiling. Not when I bought a new coat or had a great meal! Last Thursday, I smiled when recognized by a student I taught forty years ago!

I have this habit of looking up to the sky to watch the clouds. I smile when I see clear  blue sky and cotton whiteclouds. I smile when I see my mother enjoying her food.

Keep smiling. One good smile deserves  another!