English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

December 26 2013, Thursday

Finger Counting
It is close to the end of the year and time for me to count my blessings again! I have started doing so eversince I turned 50.
 
Life has been full of challenges for me: poverty, betrayal, desertion, office politics etc. And I can always blame my parents for giving me my freckles, the only child among eight with freckles. 
 But why torturing myself with these negative thoughts? Why keep recalling bad memories? I am my own master. I decide how I feel. This awakening brought in my new life!
 
I am, generally speaking, healthy. I am still a useful person in many ways. At my senior age, I still have my mother. She is diabetic but well taken care of by the public health system. And she is a really good girl controlling her sugar intake. I am not rich but my wants are always satisfied. My son has a loving wife and an adorable daughter. I live in this clean, safe city of Hong Kong.
 
Everything is relative depending on which way you look - positive or negative. And so will your mood go! Trust me. I have learnt it the hard way!