English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

December 27 2013, Friday

Languages

I love languages but this love stops with only Chinese and English. I can endure the most wordy explanations. I read labels, posters and signs carefully as though I were proofreading documents.


Some words I came across stay in my mind for a long time. I learnt the word "meadow" when I read Heidi at the age of ten. Then there is "negotiate" used to describe how an old man walks up the stairs.


My interest in languages is not limited to text alone. Thanks to Youtube, we can easily re-live those historical moments listening to inspiring speeches.


I  keep reminding my students that language proficiency is not just for university admission but for life and so language practice should not be merely limited to examination drills. Use it and live it - the only way to improve.


And I have a dream - to learn one more language! Which one? Not sure yet!