English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 11 2014, Saturday  
Dolphins

I hate to see animals perform whether it is a cute puppy or a huge dolphin. I used to like circuses because that would be almost the only opportunity to see so many different animals. I would be very excited whenever a circus was in town.


That’s not me now. When I watched the dolphins perform in Churaumi Acquarium, Okinawa, I felt ever so guilty. I am the reason why the dolphins have to jump four storeys high! Think of all the training behind such a spectacular performance.


Owners of pets also like to show off the little tricks their pets can do. But I am not at all for this. Pets are to be kept as companions and not as performers.


When I expressed these views to Vincent, my son, he had a thought-provoking reply for me. “It is this kind of performance that has aroused our interest in protecting dolphins.” I could not disagree!