English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 12 2014, Sunday

Coffee

I have been drinking coffee since childhood. Though my family was not rich, we were brought up eating bread and butter for breakfast. My parents would be drinking instant coffee and I as the eldest would have the privilege of enjoying a cup every now and then.
Now every morning, I would have a single espresso and a piece of buttered toast. Throughout the day, I don’t have any coffee unless I am socializing over afternoon tea or it is a Sunday afternoon. I am not addicted to coffee. I don’t drink stale coffee or oxidized coffee. If I am not sure of the quality served , I would opt for tea. My impression of the taste and aroma of coffee is not to be blasphemed.
I am careful about the amount of coffee I am consuming, unlike some Americans who drink nothing but coffee all day long because I am wary of the detrimental health effects of coffee. Research findings are quite confusing. One report says that too much coffee can cause tremors and sleeping problems. But another study finds out that there is no direct relationship between coffee consumption and increased risk of death from any cause.
I drink black coffee and so there is no worry that I consume too much sugar and milk or cream because then the coffee becomes a high-calorie beverage. But I don’t drink decaffeinated coffee which to me is not coffee.
Happy sipping! Maybe I should have one now!