English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 15 2014, Wednesday

                   Gastronomic satisfaction
Dining to me means differently depending on the time, the company and my mood, of course.

Breakfast on week days is simple, fruit juice, buttered toast and espresso. Lunch if not a business one is a lunch box either some leftovers from the dinner on the previous evening or one bought from a nearby fast food restaurant. I have this “unhealthy” habit of chewing my lunch boxes over the newspapers. Dinner is more an enjoyment, soup boiled for hours, steamed fish etc.

I do like to try new restaurants but I am not too adventurous. There are several restaurants that I patron more often and the good people there know me by my first name. One is a small Japanese restaurant tucked away in Kowloon City. My mother is my companion. Despite her old age, she enjoys sashimi especially salmon and peony prawn. A cup of warmed sake fits in just well. This type of gastronomic satisfaction would usually fall on a Friday and when there is no Saturday task. I would park my car home and take a taxi though I am drinking at most two small cups of sake!

Some people can go to extremes spending huge bucks to satisfy their taste buds. Others are more concerned about their health and can endure the most boring tasteless dishes. Then there are those who eat only to live! Well, as long as it is a personal choice, enjoy!
 せていただきます