English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 16 2014, Thursday  
Grandparents

I am blessed with a five-year old grand-daughter,Hayley.OneSaturday, her parents brought her to my apartment to have dinner with me and my mother, the great grandmother.
 

While we were waiting for dinner, I took out a stack of word cards to play with her but she didn’t think that was game. She said, “When I am in your house, I will only play. I study when I am at home.” Oh, clever girl or should I say “lazy girl”!
 

Whenever I remark that Hayley is sweet or give her a bar of chocolate or a Hello Kitty wallet, my son will say, “Till you are with her every day.” This doesn’t mean that he loves her less; he is head over heels in love with Hayley. Once when he returned home from a 5-day business trip to India, he hugged her so tight as though they had been parted for years!
 

My understanding of being grandparents is to love whole-heartedly so as to give grandchildren a breathing space away from the tyranny of parents! Gene Perret, the famous comedy writer and producer, puts it succinctly, “What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure.”