English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 19 2014, Sunday   

Green Mountain
Life is a roller-coaster ride. There are bound to be ups and downs. We have all suffered desertion, disappointment, betrayal or frustration of various intensity inflicting upon us different degrees of physical and spiritual damage. Some of us survive while others get stuck. Some would stay there at the bottom of the deep sea of depression drilling their hearts until they bleed. How do people extract themselves from down there? It might just be a timely hand extended, a quote that enlightens, a ear that listens or a shoulder to cry on.
 
There is a Chinese saying that goes like this - as long as you have the green mountain, you have wood to burn. It worked for me. At that very moment of darkness almost exactly 26 years ago when I was so engrossed in self-guilt and desperation that I dwindled to a minute dust too feeble to face the unknown future or if there were any future, it was this quote that saved me to rise and stand on my feet again.
 
Looking back at all the years that have gone by, I feel like I am looking at other people’s stories. The hurt is long gone! I have grown to be more reflective, more independent and definitely more positive!
 
The green mountain is out there for each one who looks for it!