English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 20  2014, Monday        

   Kettle
It was 9:30 at night and the department store was half an hour away from closing for the day. Most of the sales people were winding up. Reluctantly, I walked to the household department upon the order of my mother to buy a kettle. I always avoid “bothering” people including my colleagues when they just clock in or are about to clock out.
 
I checked the shelves and found one that was of the right size. Like most customers, I walked up to the sales lady nearby and asked for a new one. She was in the middle of some calculation. Without looking up, she murmured “1.5 or 2.5?”
 
I was disappointed with such service and rebutted though in the gentlest voice, “if you look up, you will know!”
 
Hong Kong is famed for being the shopping paradise but with “angels” like this sales lady, visitors will skip Hong Kong! There are other more welcoming paradises around!
 
This is also an apt reminder for us teachers. We should never bring our temper to school. We all have a part to play in building a happy, healthy and harmonious campus for everybody to flourish!