English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 18 2014, Tuesday
      
 Colours


As I drove out of my block at about eight this morning, I came to the double white line and I stopped, looked at both left and right before I started the car again. It was then that I noticed a dozen people waiting for the shuttle bus at the bus-stop opposite. Men and women were all wearing black. Set against the hazy sky, it was close to a funeral procession.


Black is my favourite colour too. I have several black suits and of course, a few little black dresses! Black is such a versatile colour that it is not just for solemn events. With a jewelled brooch, I can attend a wedding. White by itself is formidable reminding me of hospital sheets. I don’t wear white anymore except maybe a white top along with the black skirt. I love looking up at the white clouds floating in the blue sky. I like brown because I love chocolate, rustic wood furniture and leather jackets. I have a lemon yellow coat. I bought it to the amazement of the saleslady who has been serving me for over twenty years! Everybody said that I looked young wearing it. I wear Chinese red on the first day of Chinese New Year. To me, denims have to be navy blue and no other colours. I love taking a stroll in the Flower Market in Mong Kok to appreciate the magic of pastel!  


I had my mom’s apartment painted shocking orange and green to create a Thai resort feel. My cell phone and iPad are in popular burgundy red. What else? Pink is for my grand-daughter – pencil case, dresses, coats, shoes, suitcase and knapsack! I once had a pink suit for the occasion of my son’s wedding. That was then when I still looked good in pink. I am sure I would look most ridiculous if I were to wear it now!