English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 20 2014, Thursday
First Time

It was just a typical scene at the platform of the MTR Admiralty Station  at  6:30 in the evening.


The two platforms were virtually joined by the sea of passengers standing in tight rows.  I was in this crowd. Once the train came, I was being pushed until I finally got on board. The whole tortuous process lasted about twenty minutes.

When I was inside, I could hardly stand on both feet. As I was regaining my composure,  a lady with loads of shopping bags stood up. Speaking in Putonghua, she offered me her seat. This was the first time ever I was offered a seat. I must appear dreadfully old in need of sitting down.


This good Samaritan looked like one of those Canton Road shoppers! I have had unpleasant experiences with mainland tourists. I was once inside a fitting room when a mainland lady barged in. The saleslady simply could not stop her. But I would not dare to generalize. I know no groups  are homogenius. To think that "seeing one is seeing all" is pure naivety.