English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

February 7 2014, Friday                               

          Decisions

Every day, we make decisions, both minor and major, for ourselves and for others.

In the morning, we have to choose what to wear, what to eat for breakfast and whether we should quicken our steps or there is still time to linger. Then as the day progresses, we have to prioritize our tasks or to whom the tasks are to be allocated etc. Come lunch break, we have to decide whether we should stick to a healthy diet or to indulge ourselves in some oily and fatty but absolutely tasty food.

“Should I finish this task? Oh! The deadline is next week! Well, I can leave at 5! Now it’s 4:45. Time to tidy up! Let me go to the washroom first!”

“Should I go home for dinner? Well, I better join my colleagues! Boss is going. I don’t want him to think that I am a loner!”

Other decisions such as which person to talk to are made sub-consciously because we are already conditioned.

At different phases of our life, there are major decisions to be made. Some are made by our parents while other decisions are in our own hands. There might be situations in our adult life that fate seems to have taken control and we are helpless. We might be fired or abandoned! And we cry out “Why me? Why now?” But in fact, it is at moments like these that we have to take things in our own hands! We decide how we are to move on!

A good friend once gave me these two lines which I find very useful:
Choose what you love. Love what you choose.