English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

April 12 2014, Saturday     

Talents


Talents are people who can do what we can’t. Poets can put scenes vividly in words. They describe moods that we can only feel. Painters do dramatic works of portraits that photographers pale. Dancers present movements that make us doubt if their bodies are different from ours. Musicians compose pieces that move our heart and rock our body. Jewellers breathe life into rocks. Sculptors carve statues with lines that can show both strength and weakness.

 

I can go on the list because I have so much admiration for all these great people past and present that have immortalized beauty! I am not a talent. When I see a rainbow, I can but say “Oh! So pretty” And then the lyrics of “Somewhere over the rainbow” would come to my mind. When I watch the harbour view at night with all the sparkling lights, the famous jewellery pieces would be right there in front of my eyes. When I see the willow swaying by the brook, the few ballet performances I have watched would be presented once again just for me!

 

I who am not a talent am fortunate enough to live in a world where all the great masterpieces are only a click away.

Here you go – the most famous woman, Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vince pained between 1503 – 1506.