English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

May 17 2014, Saturday
Auf Wiedersehen!

I’ve been visiting Delicateseen Corner since the 1980s at first only rarely then more often and now regularly, my Sunday sanctuary and where I treat my friends. May 25 is the last day of its operation!



Styled after the wood panelled taverns in Europe, Delicatessen Corner provides a warm and rustic atmosphere. The quality of the German and Austrian dishes featured is always reliable. The service is excellent and I know the waiters and waitresses by their first names. They know the dishes well and remind you not to order too much because the portions served are really generous. When I dine with my mom there, we usually order our favourite mushroom soups followed by the fish and the sausages or the knuckles. Each time we cannot finish the two main courses and have to take away the leftovers which become my packed lunch the next day! But my full stomach always has room for the German cheese cake complimented by double espresso.



I love the food, the service and the ambience of Delicatessen Corner. After May 25, where am I to go at 2pm on Sunday after my indulgence routine? I am missing it already. I have made reservations for both lunch and dinner on that last evening. I will surely take photos with those courteous young men and women who have served me so well for so long. I wish them all the best in their career.



You know what has this restaurant succumbed to? A monthly rent of $1.3 million! A chain store selling second-hand handbags is to be opened!