English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline

January 24 2014, Friday 

    
          Endurance

How much pain, frustration, disappointment or sacrifice can you endure before you say “stop” or “enough” or “I can’t take it anymore”? People differ! Some can take a lot and for a long time while others have no tolerance at all. Just look around you!
There is the Indonesian domestic helper, Erwiana. She was tortured for eight months before she said “no” and ran home. Then there was a wife who proclaimed that she knew about her husband’s ex-marital relationship and that she endorsed it! There are women who proudly crown themselves as “the fourth wife”, “the fifth wife” etc.! Well, government officials these days also need to practise the highest degree of tolerance to what is being thrown upon them, be it an egg, a banana peel or a paper coffin! It could be out of fear, love, etiquette or shame or for tangible benefits that all these super humans are demonstrating extraordinary endurance!
On the other hand, there are people who can’t take any disapproving looks, negative comments or the cold shoulder. They reciprocate with their fist not to say a knife!
I have been termed as a demanding person with not an ounce or should I say 28.35 grams of patience! But that is not how I see myself! I cannot tolerate laziness but I can allow ignorance! I cannot allow betrayal but I permit indifference! I do not permit flattery but I can take criticisms!