English Teachers Are Happy To Share

English Teachers Are Happy To Share

Random Thoughts by Pauline


April 29 2014, Tuesday        

 Life is …

Life is a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get.

Life is a bus ride. 


Life is a marathon race. 


Life is not a spectacle or feast; it is a predicament.

 

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.


Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. 

 

Life isn't simple. But the beauty of it is you can always start over. It'll get easier. 

 

Life is full of surprises and serendipity. Being open to unexpected turns in the road is an important part of success. If you try to plan every step, you may miss those wonderful twists and turns. Just find your next adventure-do it well, enjoy it-and then, not now, think about what comes next. 

 

I guess we are all too busy to think of the meaning of life. We would only do so when we are frustrated, challenged, disappointed or defeated! When life is plain sailing or when we are celebrating successes, we won’t be our own wet blanket to think of what life is about. But as we age with some of our dreams fulfilled and others busted, we might at some quiet moments start meditating on what life means.

 

Life means differently to different people and at different times! To me, life is about reaching targets though recently I tend to cheat myself more often by moving the target closer to make it more attainable. I was not this wise when I was younger. I used to think I was invincible. I have learnt enough lessons to know I am not and that I have to yield an inch or two to survive.

 

Are you at that age already to think of what life is to you?